Brycen's Growth Timer

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 28, 2011

16 Weeks to Birth


Its now downhill from here- as in counting down to birth, Instead of counting up from conception .

Brycen is growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long about the size of an ear of corn and he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. He can also make fists now and I definitely feel the effects of that all day.

This week has been pretty smooth, my spirits are very high and I am happy. Finally, I saw Aunt Angie yesterday and we are so waiting for her to give you another playmate. (hint). My appetite has gone to the dogs. All I want are fruits and none of food. I have resorted to having yoghurt and milk when I can, just for you baby.

4 comments:

  1. yey .... now thats what i'm talking about ....

    you look pregnant florence .... hahaha and i love the colours !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Era i real look preggars, i cant lie anyone. Now i wear dresses only, coz i look so ridiculous in pants or leggings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. woow woow !!!! eeeeish Filo slow down you r huge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and i am only getting bigger. Think i should take a studio pic.

    ReplyDelete